- every student in the classroom (or a part of it) has access to the assignment
- only submits the work one person per group
- the assignment of students to the groups can be done by the teaching team or each student can choose the group with which they want to work
- the work is graded so that the qualification is replicated to the rest of the group
Only people who are part of a group can deliver. Any person in a group can make a submission and this will automatically be copied to the submissions space of all the members of the group. Therefore, the submission will be unique.
To create and configure a group submission, you need to previously create the groups that will be able to submit the assignment, as well as a grouping that includes them.
The assignment of students to the groups can be done before or after the creation of the task (see Annex I for more information).
CREATING THE EMPTY GROUPS AND THE ARRANGEMENT
You can create the groups:
- manually, one by one (How to create an empty student group). If you do it this way, once the groups exist in the classroom you must create a grouping and assign the groups to it,
- or automatically (How to create more than one empty group at a time). Doing it this way will also create the grouping and you will only need to assign the groups to it .
CREATION AND CONFIGURATION OF THE TASK
- Create the assignment (How to create an assignment).
- Within the Group sumbission settings section, select Yes in the Students submit in groups drop-down menu and also select the name of the grouping that includes the target groups in Grouping for students groups.
- From the Group mode dropdown, select the Visible groups option. This will allow you to filter by groups in the list of submissions.
- To finish, click on Save and return to course.
Once the assignment is created, as a teacher you will see more information,
than the students.
ANNEX I. ASSIGNMENT OF STUDENTS TO GROUPS
This assignment of students to each group can be done in several ways:
- As teachers, assign students to each group. To do so, follow the instructions: How to add students to a group manually.
- Each student chooses a group, through a Group registration activity, previously created by the teaching team. To create this type of activities follow the instructions: How to create a group registration activity.
The result of both options will be that you will have the groups with the assigned students. To consult them, access the Configuration > Users > Groups.
ANNEX II. ASSIGNMENT GRADE
As the groups submit, you can view and grade the submissions. To do so, click on the assignment and then on View all submissions.
In the table that appears you can filter by group, choosing it from the menu Visible groups – it will allow you to see the participants of each group.
To grade a group’s submission:
- select a student member of the group
- click Grade to access group submission
- grade it
- click Save Changes located at the bottom of the list.
REMARK: If you want to notify the people in the group that you have graded their submission, check the box Notify students.
The note will automatically be replicated to all the people in the same group.